Bupropion controlled-release - IntelGenxAlternative Names: Bupropion extended-release; CPI-300; Forfivo XL; INT 0004/2006
Latest Information Update: 06 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Originator Cary Pharmaceuticals; IntelGenx Corp.
- Developer IntelGenx Corp.
- Class Antidepressants; Obesity therapies; Propiophenones; Small molecules; Smoking cessation therapies
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic uptake inhibitors; Dopamine uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes - Major depressive disorder
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 02 Dec 2014 IntelGenx extends license agreement with Edgemont Pharmaceuticals for the commercialisation of bupropion controlled-release in USA
- 27 Nov 2014 Bupropion controlled-release - IntelGenx is available for licensing in (excluding USA) as of 27 Nov 2014. http://www.intelgenx.com
- 28 Aug 2013 Wockhardt Bio AG advises IntelGenx of an ANDA submission to manufacture and market generic versions of Fortivo® XL 450mg capsules in the US
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Related Safety Reports
- Development History