AZD 6714Alternative Names: AZD6714
Latest Information Update: 01 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Glucokinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Sweden (PO)
- 17 Apr 2009 Phase I clinical trials in type 2 diabetes mellitus in Sweden (PO)