Research programme: human embryonic stem cell-derived retinal pigment epithelium therapeutics - Pfizer/UCLAlternative Names: Human embryonic stem cell derived retinal pigment epithelium living tissue equivalent; Human embryonic stem cell derived RPE living tissue equivalent
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer; University College London
- Class Cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Age-related-macular-degeneration in United Kingdom (Intraocular, Implant)
- 28 Apr 2009 Preclinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration in United Kingdom (Intraocular)