Research programme: paracetamol prodrugs - NeurogesXAlternative Names: NGX-1576; NGX-5752; NGX-9674
Latest Information Update: 14 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator NeurogesX
- Mechanism of Action Prostaglandin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Pain
Most Recent Events
- 03 May 2012 NeurogesX is still seeking business development partners to advance its paracetamol prodrug programme
- 30 May 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 20 Mar 2009 Preclinical trials in Pain in USA (PO)