AVI 6003Alternative Names: AVI-6003; AVI-7287/AVI-7288; AVI-7288/AVI-7287
Latest Information Update: 09 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator AVI BioPharma; United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Developer Sarepta Therapeutics; United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Class Antisense elements; Antisense oligonucleotides; Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action RNA interference; Viral RNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Marburg virus disease