Research programme: cancer therapy adjuvants - VG Life SciencesAlternative Names: 2-deoxyglucose/etomoxir - MetaCytoLytics; Dichloroacetic acid - MetaCytoLytics; MDT compounds - MetaCytoLytics
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Originator University of Colorado Foundation; University of Vermont
- Developer VG Life Sciences
- Class Acetates; Deoxy sugars; Epoxy compounds
- Mechanism of Action Antimetabolites; Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase inhibitors; Enzyme inhibitors; Glucose modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Solid tumours