Research programme: phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitors - Exelixis/sanofi-aventis
Latest Information Update: 13 Feb 2012
At a glance
- Originator Exelixis; sanofi-aventis
- Developer Exelixis; Sanofi
- Mechanism of Action 1 Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase inhibitors; MTOR protein inhibitors; Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase alpha inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Nov 2010 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 22nd EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics (EORTC-NCI-AACR-2010) (AACR-2010)
- 21 Apr 2010 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 101st Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2010)