Research programme: specific androgen receptor modulator/lyase inhibitors - TokaiAlternative Names: SARM/LI
Latest Information Update: 13 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Originator Tokai Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Androgen receptor antagonists; Lyase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 10 Nov 2014 Research programme: specific androgen receptor modulator/lyase inhibitors - Tokai is still in preclinical trials for Prostate cancer (castration-resistant ) in USA
- 10 Jun 2009 Preclinical trials in Prostate cancer in USA (unspecified route)