Research programme: diabetes therapeutics - Astellas PharmaAlternative Names: AS 1535907; AS 1669058; AS 1907417; GPR119 agonists - Astellas Pharma
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma
- Class Oxides; Pyridines; Pyrimidines
- Mechanism of Action GPR119 protein agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Type-2-diabetes-mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 26 Aug 2010 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical studies for Type-2 diabetes mellitus presented at the 240th American Chemical Society National Meeting (240th-ACS-2010)
- 22 Jun 2009 Pharmacodynamics data from preclinical studies for Type-2 diabetes mellitus presented at the 69th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA-2009)