AZD 8329Alternative Names: AZD8329
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2012
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihypercalcaemics; Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Sweden (PO)
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in United Kingdom (PO)
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Obesity in United Kingdom (PO)