Research programme: small molecule ophthalmic therapies - Alcon/AstraZeneca
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Alcon; AstraZeneca
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Eye disorders
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2012 Early research is ongoing
- 26 Aug 2010 Alcon has been acquired by Novartis
- 23 Jul 2009 Early research in Eye disorders in Switzerland (unspecified route)