SCH 900271Alternative Names: SCH900271
Latest Information Update: 17 Jun 2015
At a glance
- Originator Schering-Plough
- Developer Merck & Co
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 25 Mar 2010 Merck completes a phase II trial in Hyperlipidaemia in the US