Clemizole - Eiger BioPharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Clemizole hydrochloride
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Eiger BioPharmaceuticals
- Developer Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Class Antiallergics; Antihistamines; Benzimidazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS4 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Hepatitis-C in New Zealand (PO, Capsule)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Hepatitis-C in Australia (PO, Capsule)
- 22 Mar 2016 Celladon has merged with Eiger BioPharmaceuticals and the combined company is now called Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.