Clemizole - Eiger BioPharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Clemizole hydrochloride
Latest Information Update: 06 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Eiger BioPharmaceuticals
- Developer Eiger BioPharmaceuticals; Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Class Antiallergics; Antihistamines; Benzimidazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS4 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2017 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hepatitis C in Australia and New Zealand (PO)
- 13 Feb 2017 Phase-II clinical trials in Hepatocellular carcinoma in Turkey (PO) (NCT03069508)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Hepatitis-C in Australia (PO, Capsule)