Research programme: bone disorder therapeutics - OstaAlternative Names: PTH 1-34
Latest Information Update: 18 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator McGill University
- Developer Osta Biotechnologies
- Mechanism of Action PHEX phosphate regulating neutral endopeptidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Osteoporosis; X-linked dominant hypophosphataemic rickets
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2009 Suspended - Preclinical for X-linked dominant hypophosphataemic rickets in Canada (PO)
- 31 Mar 2009 Suspended - Preclinical for Osteoporosis in Canada (PO)