Research programme: SMO protein antagonists - AmgenAlternative Names: smoothened protein antagonist - Amgen
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Amgen
- Class Phthalazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action SMO protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Cancer in USA
- 16 Nov 2010 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 22nd EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics (EORTC-NCI-AACR-2010)
- 17 Aug 2009 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)