Research programme: radiolabelled carbonic anhydrase IX inhibitors - Progenics PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: 99mTc-MIP-1505; 99mTc/Re(CO)3 labelled benzenesulfonamide conjugates for molecular imaging of carbonic anhydrase IX - Progenics; Hypoxia-imaging radiopharmaceutical - Progenics; MIP-1267; MIP-1505; Small molecular inhibitor of CA IX radiolabelled with 99mTc - Progenics; Small-molecule benzenesulfonamide (BzSA) CA-IX inhibitors - Progenics
Latest Information Update: 23 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals
- Class Benzene derivatives; Radiopharmaceutical diagnostics; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2013 Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Progenics Pharmaceuticals
- 23 Aug 2012 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Solid tumours (diagnosis of tumour hypoxia) presented at the 244th American Chemical Society National Meeting (244th-ACS-2012)
- 09 Aug 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA