Research programme: latrepirdine analogues - MedivationAlternative Names: Research programme: dimebon analogues - Medivation
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2012
At a glance
- Originator Medivation
- Class Indoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Mitochondrial permeability transition pore modulators; Nerve growth factor stimulants; NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Huntington's disease
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jan 2012 Discontinued for Huntington's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 Jan 2012 Discontinued for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)