Research programme: cardiovascular and metabolic disorder therapeutics - Zealand Pharma/Boehringer IngelheimAlternative Names: GLP-1/GLP-2 dual agonist - Zealand Pharma; glucagon/GLP-1 agonists; ZP GG 72
Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2014
At a glance
- Originator Zealand Pharma
- Developer Boehringer Ingelheim; Zealand Pharma
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Obesity therapies; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonists; Glucagon receptor agonists; Glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cardiovascular disorders; Metabolic disorders; Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus