Research programme: bacterial NAD-dependent DNA ligase inhibitors - AstraZenecaAlternative Names: Adenosine antibacterials - AstraZeneca; Antibacterial adenosine analogues - AstraZeneca; Antibacterial imidazole diamides - AstraZeneca
Latest Information Update: 07 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Imidazoles; Ribonucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA repair enzyme inhibitors; Ligase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Sep 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 15 Sep 2009 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)