Research programme: sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2a isoform stimulants - CelladonAlternative Names: CDN 1001; CDN 1054; CDN 1234; CDNl 024; CDNl 054; CDNlOOl
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2014
At a glance
- Originator Celladon
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium-transporting ATPase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acute heart failure; Chronic heart failure
Most Recent Events
- 26 Feb 2014 Profile reviewed - triggered by NP: 40028. Company no longer appears to be developing small molecules for SERCA2a, only gene therapies for this target and small molecules for SERCA2b - Discontinued profile. Added 9105140 (only MR mentioning small molecule SERCA2a agonists). Added synonyms: CDNl 054, CDNlOOl, CDN 1001, CDNl 234 and CDN 1234 according to patent application WO2010085514 A1 (only source mentioning CDN molecules), more specific MoA, IV RoA, NME, licensing text, additional info to intro. Changed profile name to RP: SERCA2a stimulants from RP: heart failure therapy. All previous information in profile was unreferenced - assumed from Co. website, above sources at least prove that the compounds existed.
- 28 Sep 2009 Preclinical trials in Chronic heart failure in USA (PO)
- 28 Sep 2009 Preclinical trials in Acute heart failure in USA (IV)