Research programme: coeliac disease therapy - AvaxiaAlternative Names: AVX-176; Oral anti-gluten antibodies
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Avaxia Biologics
- Class Polyclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Coeliac disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Coeliac disease in USA (PO)
- 10 Mar 2011 Avaxia Biologics receives SBIR grant from US National Institutes of Health for phase I antibody development in Coeliac disease
- 28 Jun 2010 Avaxia Biologics receives grant from the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center for antibody development in Coeliac disease