Research programme: beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combinations - MerckAlternative Names: 6-Alkylidenepenam sulfones - Merck; Carbapenem/beta-lactamase inhibitors - Merck; Imipenem/M 478; Imipenem/M 704; M 478; M 704
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Depsipeptides; Glycopeptides; Lipopeptides; Penems
- Mechanism of Action Beta lactamase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gram-negative infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Gram-negative-infections in USA
- 19 Sep 2011 Antimicrobial data from early research in Gram negative infections presented at the Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2011),
- 15 Sep 2009 Preclinical trials in Gram-negative infections in USA (unspecified route)