At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Non-opioid analgesics; Quinazolinones; Urologics
- Mechanism of Action TRPV cation channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neurogenic bladder; Postoperative pain
Most Recent Events
- 14 Nov 2016 Novartis Pharmaceuticals plans a phase II trial for Postoperative Pain (Ocular pain) in USA (NCT02961062)
- 22 Feb 2013 Novartis terminates a phase II trial in Neurogenic bladder in Belgium, Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland (NCT01598103)
- 14 Oct 2009 Preclinical trials in Postoperative pain in USA (PO)