Research programme: monoamine reuptake inhibitors - SunovionAlternative Names: SEP 228791
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Sepracor
- Developer Sunovion Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic uptake inhibitors; Dopamine uptake inhibitors; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Parkinson's-disease in Canada (PO)
- 12 Oct 2010 Sepracor is now called Sunovion Pharmaceuticals
- 21 Oct 2009 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in Canada (PO)