CTP 518Alternative Names: CTP-518; Deuterium-modified atazanavir
Latest Information Update: 26 Jun 2013
At a glance
- Originator Concert Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiretrovirals; Isotopes; Oligopeptides; Organic deuterium compounds; Pyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jun 2013 Discontinued - Phase-I for HIV infections in USA prior to 26 June 2013 (PO)
- 11 Nov 2009 Phase-I clinical trials in HIV infections in USA (PO)