Research programme: finafloxacin/hsp70 inhibitor - Chaperone/MerLionAlternative Names: Finafloxacin/hsp70 inhibitor - Chaperone/MerLion
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Chaperone Technologies; MerLion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Fluoroquinolones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase IV inhibitors; HSP70 heat shock protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Bacterial-infections in USA
- 04 Dec 2009 Early research in Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)