SAR 161271Alternative Names: SAR161271
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Germany (SC)
- 15 Jun 2010 Sanofi-aventis completes a phase I/II trial in Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Germany
- 19 Jan 2010 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Germany (SC)