Sitagliptin/pioglitazoneAlternative Names: Janacti; MK-0431C; Pioglitazine/sitagliptin
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Pyrazines; Thiazolidinediones; Triazoles
- Mechanism of Action CD26 antigen inhibitors; Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preregistration Submission Withdrawal Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 28 Aug 2014 Takeda completes a 10-year epidemiology study as part of its post-marketing commitment to submit data to the regulatory authorities in the US, EU and Japan for pioglitazone and piogliazone-containing medicines
- 14 Nov 2011 Regulatory submission withdrawn for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in European Union (PO)