Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitor - TakedaAlternative Names: PDE5 inhibitor - Nycomed; PDE5 inhibitor - Takeda
Latest Information Update: 11 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Originator Nycomed
- Developer Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory tract disorders
Most Recent Events
- 01 Apr 2012 Discontinued - Phase-I for Respiratory tract disorders in Europe (unspecified route)
- 30 Sep 2011 Nycomed has been acquired by Takeda
- 14 Oct 2009 Phase-I clinical trials in Respiratory tract disorders in Europe (unspecified route)