Levodopa/carbidopa - Osmotica PharmaceuticalAlternative Names: OS-353
Latest Information Update: 17 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Originator Osmotica Pharmaceutical
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Aromatic amino acids; Catecholamines; Hydrazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Decarboxylase inhibitors; Dopamine receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2014 Discontinued - Phase-II for Parkinson's disease in Argentina (unspecified route)
- 02 Nov 2012 Phase-III clinical trials in Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)