Research programme: HIV-1 protease inhibitors - Rottapharm|MadausAlternative Names: BRU-83-92
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2014
At a glance
- Originator Rottapharm Madaus
- Class Peptides
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 08 Nov 2014 Preclinical development is ongoing in Italy
- 10 Oct 2014 Rottapharm Madaus has been acquired by Meda