Research programme: cannabis extract therapeutics - Cannabis ScienceAlternative Names: CS-NEURO-1; CS-S/BCC-1; CS-TATI-1; Phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products - Cannabis Science
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Cannabis Science
- Developer Cannabis Science; Italian Institute for Health and Science on Ageing
- Class Cannabinoids
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor modulators; Human immunodeficiency virus tat gene product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Adult respiratory distress syndrome; Cancer; HIV infections; Kaposi's sarcoma; Mental disorders; Pain; Post-traumatic stress disorders; Respiratory tract disorders; Skin cancer; Sleep disorders
- Research Anxiety disorders; Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Autistic disorder; Fibromyalgia; Neuropathic pain