MEDI 578Alternative Names: Anti-NGF monoclonal antibody (MEDI-578); MEDI-578
Latest Information Update: 01 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator MedImmune
- Class Antirheumatics; Immunoglobulins; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Nerve growth factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Musculoskeletal pain
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2012 Discontinued - Phase-I for Musculoskeletal pain in United Kingdom (IV)
- 13 Jul 2010 Suspended - Phase-I for Musculoskeletal pain (in osteoarthritis patients) in United Kingdom (IV)
- 28 Feb 2010 Phase-I clinical trials in Musculoskeletal pain (in osteoarthritis patients) in United Kingdom (IV)