Research programme: antimalarials - Anacor/Medicines for Malaria VentureAlternative Names: AN-3661
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Anacor Pharmaceuticals; Medicines for Malaria Venture
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Malaria in USA
- 24 Jun 2016 Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Pfizer
- 18 Mar 2011 Preclinical trials in Malaria in USA (unspecified route)