Research programme: sulindac derivative - Medicon/Stony Brook UniversityAlternative Names: MDC-922
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Medicon; State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Class Indenes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell cycle protein inhibitors; Cyclo-oxygenase 1 modulators; Cyclo-oxygenase 2 modulators; Mitogen-activated protein kinase modulators; NF-kappa B modulators; Reactive oxygen species stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Cancer in USA
- 21 Apr 2010 Early research in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Apr 2010 Pharmacodynamics data from in vitro trials in Cancer presented at the 101st Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2010)