IW 6118Alternative Names: IW-6118
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2015
At a glance
- Originator Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
- Class Analgesics; Anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2009 Phase-I clinical trials in Pain in USA (PO)
- 31 Dec 2009 Phase-I clinical trials in Inflammation in USA (PO)