ASP 5034Alternative Names: ASP-5034
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 06 Aug 2012 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 01 Aug 2011 Phase I development in Type-2 diabetes mellitus is ongoing in the USA
- 12 May 2010 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)