Research programme: GPR 119 agonists - Boehringer Ingelheim/Neurocrine Biosciences
Latest Information Update: 22 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim; Neurocrine Biosciences
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GPR119 protein agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 22 Feb 2011 Early research is ongoing in USA
- 18 Jun 2010 Early research in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)