Research programme: NSAIDs transdermal - AcruxAlternative Names: NSAID Metered Dose Transdermal System; NSAID transdermal system - Acrux; NSAIDs - Acrux; NSAIDs MDTS®; Topical NSAIDs - Acrux
Latest Information Update: 27 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Acrux
- Class Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors; Lipoxygenase-cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes - Inflammation; Pain
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 27 Sep 2010 The transdermal non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs programme of Acrux is still available for licensing.
- 24 Sep 2010 Formulation development is ongoing in Australia