Bexarotene/betamethasone dipropionateAlternative Names: Betamethasone dipropionate/bexarotene; LAS 41004
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Almirall S.A.
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antipsoriatics; Benzoic acids; Fluorinated steroids; Glucocorticoids; Naphthalenes; Retinoids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors; Retinoid X receptor agonists; Steroid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Plaque psoriasis
Most Recent Events
- 13 Oct 2014 Almirall completes a phase IIa trial in Plaque psoriasis in Germany (EudraCT2013-003757-22)
- 21 Aug 2014 Almirall completes a phase I/II trial in Plaque psoriasis in Germany (NCT02111499)
- 05 May 2014 Almirall initiates enrolment in a phase IIa trial for Plaque psoriasis in Germany (EudraCT2013-003757-22)