At a glance
- Originator NitroMed
- Developer Nivalis Therapeutics
- Class Amides; Anti-inflammatories; Antiasthmatics; Carboxylic acids; Pyrroles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitors; Glutathione-independent formaldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitors; Nitric oxide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Acute asthma; Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis