Guanfacine once-daily - ShireAlternative Names: Guanfacine Carrier Wave; SPD 547
Latest Information Update: 14 Mar 2012
At a glance
- Originator Shire
- Class Acetamides; Centrally-acting antihypertensives; Chlorobenzenes; Guanidines; Phenylacetates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Anxiety disorders; Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Autistic disorder
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2011 Phase-I development is ongoing
- 31 Dec 2010 Phase-I clinical trials in Autistic disorder (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2010 Phase-I clinical trials in Anxiety disorders in children (unspecified route)