AZD 5658Alternative Names: AZD5658
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2012
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Glucokinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Obesity in USA (PO)
- 28 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 27 Jan 2011 Phase-I clinical trials in Obesity in USA (PO)