Research programme: muscular atrophy therapeutics - Rigel
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Rigel Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Myostatin inhibitors; Type II activin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Muscular atrophy
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Muscle-wasting in USA (IV)
- 04 Jan 2013 Preclinical trials in Muscular atrophy in USA (IV)