Research programme: biodefence therapeutics - Evolva/SummitAlternative Names: Biodefense therapeutics - Evolva/Summit; EV 009; EV-009-4400; SMT-15000
Latest Information Update: 08 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Summit plc
- Developer Evolva Holding SA; Summit plc
- Class Imino sugars; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 07 Sep 2010 Preclinical development in Viral infections and Bacterial infections due to biowarfare is continuing in the UK (PO)