NovaferonAlternative Names: Recombinant anti-tumour and anti-virus protein - Genova Biotech
Latest Information Update: 27 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator Genova Biotech Company
- Developer Genova Biotech Company; The Affiliated Hospital of the Chinese Academy of Military Medical Science
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Proteins
- Mechanism of Action Interferon stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II/III Colorectal cancer
- Phase II Hepatitis B; Neuroendocrine tumours; Pancreatic cancer
Most Recent Events
- 17 Oct 2016 Genova suspends a phase-II clinical trial in Pancreatic cancer (Late-stage disease, Second-line therapy or greater) in China prior to October 2016 (Parenteral) (ChiCTR-TRC10001000)
- 08 Jun 2015 Phase-II development in hepatitis B is ongoing in China.
- 01 May 2015 The Affiliated Hospital of the Chinese Academy of Military Medical Sciences plans a phase II trial for Neuroendocrine-tumours in China (NCT02455596)