DanirixinAlternative Names: 1325756; GSK1325756
Latest Information Update: 07 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Interleukin 8B receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Oct 2016 GlaxoSmithKline plans a phase II trial for Influenza virus infections (Combination therapy) in Sweden, Mexico, Italy, South Korea, Spain, USA, Romania, Russia, Netherlands and France (IV, Infusion) (NCT02927431)
- 29 Sep 2016 Preclinical trials in Influenza virus infections in United Kingdom (IV) before September 2016
- 01 Aug 2016 GlaxoSmithKline completes a phase II trial for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA and Germany (NCT02130193)