MK 3697Alternative Names: MK-3697
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Pyridines; Sleep disorder therapies; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Orexin receptor type 2 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Insomnia
Most Recent Events
- 23 Sep 2015 No recent reports on development identified - Phase-II for Insomnia in USA (PO)
- 22 Oct 2010 Phase-II clinical trials in Insomnia in USA (unspecified route)