Research programme: cancer therapeutics - VerastemAlternative Names: Salinomycin - Verastem; VS-507; VS-5095; VS-6062
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Broad Institute; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; S*BIO
- Developer Verastem
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action 1 Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase inhibitors; Focal adhesion protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitors; MTORC1 protein inhibitors; MTORC2 protein inhibitors; Stem cell inhibitors; Wnt signalling pathway inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 03 Mar 2016 Verastem has worldwide patent protection for VS 6062 (Verastem form 10-K, March 2016).
- 11 Sep 2013 Preclinical development is ongoing in the US
- 09 Nov 2012 Pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical trial in Cancer presented at the 24th EORTC-NCI-AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets in Cancer Therapeutics (EORTC-NCI-AACR-2012)