Research programme: neuregulins - Acorda TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Neuregulin 2 protein; NRG-2
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator Harvard University
- Developer Acorda Therapeutics
- Class Nerve tissue proteins; Neuregulins
- Mechanism of Action Epidermal growth factor receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Heart failure; Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 28 Feb 2012 Acorda Therapeutics' neuregulins research programme is still in preclinical development in the US